Monday, April 2, 2007

Correspondents Hall of Fame

I have been blessed with friends and family who send Dylan and me letters and packages here in China. Here is an honor roll of all those who have made such wonderful use of the postal system:

#1 – The Brady Family

The Bradys have sent us more letters and packages than anyone else! Yay for Bradys!

#2 – The Wherland Family

Yes, my family has sent us a lot of stuff, too. Our most recent package from my parents included not one but two bags of M&Ms! I am hoping to get another package from them soon when my mother works out some trouble with one of my prescriptions.

#3 – Katie Innes

Way to go Katie! Along with 4 letters, Katie also sent me a totally awesome Halloween package, complete with candy corn! Everyone loves candy corn!!

#4 – Emily Schnipper and Lisa Volkening

Both of these lovely ladies have sent me three pieces of mail! Thank you Emily for the awesome Japanese stationary, and thank you Lisa for the totally cool postcards! Lisa also sent me a package that unfortunately never arrived. I really don’t understand the postal system in this part of the world.

#5 – Karen Young

My wonderful acupuncturist from Moscow has sent me two lovely letters that have given me much food for thought. Thank you Karen!

#6 – Mary Fellman, Michelle Mehlman, Amanda Culley, Robin Klavatsky and Peter Schaefer

Each one of these lovely individuals has sent me a letter here in China, which has brightened my day and made me feel closer to home. Thank you to all five of you awesome homies!

2 comments:

Fellmama said...

I should send you more letters. But . . . I plead business and laziness.

Superquail said...

No worries, Mary! You made it to the Hall of Fame already! Also, I understand that some people are letter people and some people are not. I like writing letters, but many people say they get a hand cramp. That can be uncomfortable.